Recently, Synergy sat down with several long-term clients to ask them how Microsoft Dynamics ERP and our team have empowered them over the years. Here’s what ATS Automation had to say:
Microsoft is launching the new cloud version of Dynamics NAV on April 2, 2018. It’s called Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Business Central brings the full power of Dynamics NAV to the cloud, offering organizations a single, end to end solution for managing finances, operations, manufacturing, distribution, inventory, projects, sales, customer service, and more.
Business Central offers terrific value because it integrates with other Microsoft cloud services including Office 365 and can be customized or extended for specific industry needs with PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Power BI.
It’s a true cloud solution that has all the functionality of the on-premise Dynamics NAV solution, only now with SaaS pricing that enables companies to get ERP up and running quickly without a huge capital expense. For example, the Essentials functionality of the solution is $70 per user per month while the Premium level is $100 per user per month.
If you are a project-based company or government contractor, Dynamics 365 Business Central is not a replacement for Dynamics SL. But for those organizations on Dynamics SL that have distribution, manufacturing, or supply chain management, this new solution needs to be on your radar for your next ERP upgrade. See here why these companies should consider 365 Business Central.
Synergy will post more information about Dynamics 365 Business Central as it becomes available. For now, distributors, manufacturers, and supply chain management organizations can imagine all the functions found in this Dynamics NAV Capabilities Guide transferred to the cloud, to envision a solution for them.
Visit Dynamics 365 Business Central to get a look and feel of the solution.
Sign up for a Dynamics NAV/Business Central demo to get started on evaluating this “new generation of business intelligence in the cloud.”
10 Characteristics of the Right Partner
Making a final decision on the right ERP accounting system for your company is only half the race. Without choosing the right implementation partner, companies risk a failed project without their business requirements met, no improved efficiency and real strategic long-term value, and poor ongoing support. Here are 10 ways the right implementation partner makes the difference getting you across the “success” finish line with the a medal. The right partner:
- Helps your thoroughly evaluate their solution and compare different systems
- Delivers a Prototype with your data so you see the software actually works before purchasing it
- Configures a system that meets all your exact critical requirements
- Empowers you, using their expertise to optimize your processes and work flow
- Helps you improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability, matching your predicted ROI
- Makes the “Go Live” date on time and within budget of original scope
- Has quality, attentive, responsive customer service and support
- Cares about you and is easy to work with
- Helps you upgrade or add additional functionality smoothly, on time, with minimal disruption
- Gives you expert guidance on future system decisions
To learn more about how critical choosing the right partner is, read what Synergy clients are saying:
Microsoft is happy to announce that Microsoft Dynamics SL’s next release, SL 2018, has been scheduled for release on May 1, 2018. Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018 will start a new quarterly release cycle. The goal is to be able to roll out new features even after the initial release of Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018.
The release themes of Dynamics SL 2018 include the following:
- Query & Preview Enhancements
- New Approvals Processes added to key areas
- GL/AP/Financials Interface Enhancements
- Projects Enhancements
- Distribution Enhancements
- Power Suite Evolution – Power BI, Power Apps for SL, Flow for SL, and more
To learn more: Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018 Themes and SL Roadmap
Also, the Microsoft Dynamics SL Directory is now available. The new Microsoft Dynamics SL Directory includes content on Dynamics SL 2018, 2015, and 2011, all in one place.
With evidence from Nucleus Research’s evaluation of Dynamics NAV users, Synergy’s new white paper outlines the improvements software technology can bring to companies engaged in discrete manufacturing. The white paper addresses 8 ways that a modern system like Dynamics NAV can boost operations.
In short, new integration, visibility, universal access, real-time data for reporting, streamlined production (including MRP and scheduling), and improved inventory management can boost productivity 20 percent, including for sales and customer service.
The whitepaper will help companies learn how to:
- Gain visibility into a company’s performance.
- Integrate systems so a company has one version of the truth.
- Automate Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
- Efficiently track and schedule production.
- Effectively manage and reduce inventory.
- Better serve customers through a streamlined system.
- Leverage centralized data to create flexible reports/dashboards.
- Enable web, tablet, and smart phone access to data.
Download the whitepaper here:
For the convenience of our Dynamics SL clients, we have a Webinar and a set of Factsheets on Year-End Processing Procedures and Checklists. The presentation below by Dynamics SL Consultant, Margo Phillips, is on applying Year-End Updates for the Dynamics SL modules, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Project Controller. It also includes Year-End Processing tips on those modules.
Skip to 1:50 for the start of the presentation.
In addition, you can review these industry-leading year-end closing procedures and checklists for Dynamics SL from Synergy and Microsoft Support. Happy closing of 2017!
Designed exclusively for professional services firms, Progressus turns Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Edition or Dynamics NAV into modern cloud ERP and PSA for project-driven organizations.
Want to find out if the Microsoft Cloud is right for you? This 55-minute webcast will give you the answers you’re looking for.
By watching you will learn:
- Why Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Progressus are trending in the professional services sector.
- How integrated project management and project accounting can dramatically improve operations and client service.
- Where to find that extra 10% of utilization and the predictive analytics you need to forecast accurately.
- How to set up projects, budgets, project analytics & reports, track costs, enter time and expense, route approvals, manage resources, and invoice clients.
Access the Progressus Advanced Projects for Dynamics 365 & NAV webcast now!
With all the available third-party enhancements for Microsoft Dynamics SL, who is to say which are the best? Well, for your convenience, Valerie Borak of Plumbline Consulting, in coordination with Synergy Business Solutions, has compiled the Top 12 Enhancements in this recorded webinar below. These top 12 are highlighted and demoed for you:
- Audit Trail by FastPath
- Prepaid Processer
- Quick Find (formerly Rainbow Search)
- Credit Card Import (formerly Purchase Card)
- General Ledger Mover
- Period Mover
- AR Collections
- One Time Vendor
- Vendor Multi Remit
- Terrorist Check (per government requirements for some companies)
- Voucher to Credit Card
- Fixed Assets
This demo highlights each of these in the same order listed. At 37:30, the Q&A starts. If you are interested in any of these, contact your Account Manager for a Synergy discount. Or, contact Rob Lloyd, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Actual presentation starts at 0:25. After the highlights of the 12, the Q&A starts at 37:30.
With Progressus Software, there is now a powerful Microsoft cloud solution for small-to-mid size professional services and project-based businesses. Designed to leverage Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Progressus is a multi-language, multi-currency business management solution that empowers companies to more effectively manage their operations.
Progressus adds advanced project accounting and project management to the powerful financial management and basic project management functionality of Microsoft Dynamics 365/NAV to provide the most advanced business management solution for professional services and project-based businesses. It offers unique and powerful functionality in these areas:
- Quick Project Setup
- Project Budgeting
- Project Resource Management
- Project Monitoring and Analyzing
- Project Cost Tracking
- Remote Project Time & Expense Entry & Approval
- Project Invoicing
- Project Reporting, Analytics & Forecasting
Progressus is deployed on the Microsoft Cloud and customers can access their solution through role-based interfaces on their desktop, in a browser, or with a native mobile app on a tablet or mobile device. As a Dynamics 365-based solution, Progressus is rapidly deployed with minimal configuration. It also features native connectivity to Dynamics 365 Sales and Marketing and Microsoft PowerBI, for an even more comprehensive business solution.
Whether Progressus is installed with Dynamics 365 Business Edition or Dynamics NAV, it provides native integration with Microsoft Office 365. When your email, calendar, and files seamlessly come together with your data, reports and business processes you get an integrated experience that no other stand-alone project management or enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution can match.
An Introduction to Progressus Software
Jeff Suwyn of Microsoft revealed the latest Dynamics SL roadmap during an October 3, 2017 webinar.
The next major release of Microsoft Dynamics SL will debut next year, Microsoft announced. The much-anticipated updated version is expected sometime in the first half of 2018.
Microsoft initially planned to announce the news at the annual Dynamics SL User Group (DSLUG) Fall Conference last month, but the conference was postponed until next spring due to hurricane threats.
Rather than wait until the rescheduled April 2018 conference to announce the news, Microsoft Dynamics SL Product and Marketing Manager Jeff Suwyn held a webinar version of his planned General Session. During the Oct. 3 webinar, he announced the latest version of SL and revealed a new product roadmap.
Few details are available so far regarding Dynamics SL 2018, but we do know that the product will feature the latest technology related to Power BI, Power Apps and Flow. We can also expect improvements to Web Apps and, as always, specific features requested by users.