Dynamics SL Class Descriptions
Learn to effectively use basic features of the Purchasing module with your Purchasing business process. You will be taught purchase order entry, receipts processing, returns, daily and period-end procedures and developing problem solving techniques. You will also learn how Purchasing and Accounts Payable work together.
This class describes the business processes surrounding the Purchasing module and then demonstrates integration points between the business processes and the Solomon system. You are introduced to the purchase order transaction where individual procedures and fields are discussed. You will gain experience with reports that affect purchase orders and given context for their use in the business process. Receipts are introduced, and the reports that help receiving are reviewed. You will gain experience with returns and the integration between the Purchasing module and Accounts Payable module is addressed.
By actively participating, you should learn:
- How to enter a purchase order.
- How to enter a receipt.
- How to enter a return.
- To use inquiry screens and reports to extract appropriate information for your business processes.
- To understand the Accounts Payable module integration points.
- How to close the Purchasing module.
8:00—8:30 AM Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM – Purchasing Training Class
1. Purchasing Overview
2. Procurement Transaction Cycle
3. Creating Purchase Orders
4. Purchase Order Inquiry and Reports
5. Processing Receipts
6. Processing Returns
7. Purchasing integration with the General Ledger & Accounts Payable modules
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM Purchasing Q&A